The SSA are pleased to announce the launch of the year’s awards after a hiatus.
|Call for entries||Monday 17th April 2023|
|Deadline for entries||5pm on Friday 19th May 2023|
|Shortlist announced||End of May 2023|
|Site visits & judging process||June 2023|
|Awards event||end of June 2023|
|* all dates may be subject to change|
|Chris Stewart||B Arch (Hons), Dip Arch, PRIAS, ARB, RIBA, RIAS PRESIDENT|
|Lesley Palmer||BSc (Hons), MSc, RIBA, RIAS|
|Janice Foster||BEng (Hons), MSc Arch, CEng, MCIBSE|
|Best extension or retrofit||TBC|
|Conservation award||CUPA Pizarras|
|Best use of wood||Russwood|
|SSA architect with project outwith chapter||TBC|
|Overall chapter winner||TBC|
General entry criteria
- projects entries must be located within the ssa chapter boundary.**
- projects must have been overseen by an arb registered architect.
- projects must have been completed between 01.04.2021 and 01.04.2023.
- entry for the Stirling Society of Architects awards is free.
Shortlisted entries will be visited in person – judges will require full access on a date to be confirmed.
Shortlisted entrants will also be required to produce a banner of their project for exhibition and promotional purposes – details will follow for those selected, but printing costs for this will be covered by the SSA.
The judges’ decision is final. No direct communication with the judges is permitted.
**exception is the project outwith chapter award
- project entries consist of 3 parts:
- The completed project form word document (Click Here to download)
- A maximum of 4 drawings that best describe your project – saved in pdf format with a total combined max file size of 5 Mb.
- A maximum of 5 photographs that best display your project – saved in jpg format with a max file size of 3 Mb per photograph.
The completed submission must not exceed 22 Mb total and should be emailed to: email@example.com